Rogue aesthetics and patch 3.0.8


Just a note that I will be working on a layout that is more appealing when my exams are done and I can get back into WoW to have a little photoshoot with my character.
For now, you'll have to do with my lazy header, which is secretly a screenshot I just smacked some text on.

In other news, I suppose this is where I talk about the new patch and what it did for rogues. Well, honestly .. not that much. (No, Ogre, that doesn't count as complaining !)

* Cheap Shot: This ability no longer has diminishing returns against anything other than itself.
* Kidney Shot: This ability now has diminishing returns against all other stuns.
* Fan of Knives: The cooldown has been removed. In addition, now deals 150% of weapon damage when used while daggers are equipped.
* Feint: Rank 8 now reduces the damage taken from area of effect attacks by 50% for 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects.

The first two work together (they switched the diminishing returns). Not that important in PvE, but in PvP it means less stun combining with your teammates stun spells (e.g. no more full duration Deep Freeze + Kidney Shot for example)

The Fan of Knives change is nice - combat rogues can use Adrenaline Rush for some FoK spamming. Mutilate rogues won't be throwing out that much AoE hurt, but still 50% more damage !

Feint .. well I guess we have an excuse to put it on our action bar now. Finish your cycle and Feint before disengaging a target that is going to AoE you to minimize the load on your healers. In PvP, not really that useful I reckon.

There's also material changes for a lot of enchants, but I'm not going to list them all and instead refer you to the post on MMO-Champion.

Aeltyr tries to find his knives and realises he left them in his other armor. Aeltyr casts Fan of Handkerchiefs, but it fails.

3 comments:

  1. Fan of Handkerchiefs, lol!

    FYI, in American English the term "examination" or "examinations" are relegated to being examined, as in a medical thing... We call them Exams... Which is, yes, short for examinations......

    Dont ask me why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, I'll change that before people think I have a medical problem xD Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Aeltyr tries to find his knives and realises he left them in his other armor. Aeltyr casts Fan of Handkerchiefs, but it fails."

    Lol.

    ReplyDelete